1. Guest, feel free to chat with us on our official IRC channel via mIRC: irc.northfire.net in #Zelda or by clicking the Chat link on the forums or on the main page.

Death Note (Netflix)

Discussion in 'Cinema & TV' started by Kaynil, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

3DS:
    1848-2038-9377
    NNID:
    Kaynil
    SFC:
    SW-0598-4137-8986
    So... everybody who's familiar with the anime and have watched it seem to have a strong opinion about it.

I am hoping to watch it today, hopefully it is not as horrible as some 9f my friends say.

Memes are everywhere so I already got a bit spoiled. :XD:

Are you planning to watch it?
    What did you think of it on its own and in comparison with the source material?

2. Link

Link Hero of Time
    webmaster

3DS:
    ‭3368-5725-4601‬
    NNID:
    zeldacavern
    SFC:
    SW-6709-6167-2399
    I didnt think it was bad..
    IM serious lol. I thought it was an alright movie, but then again. I only had seen a couple of episodes of the Anime.

• LOL LOL x 1
  3. Silent Lion

Silent Lion Rawr.

I'm looking forward to seeing it, but I want to watch a lot of the anime first. It's helping me pick up on some Japanese, so I'm gonna go original first. Looks pretty cool though.

4. Shannon

Shannon New Member

I have seen the original Death Note series, or well... some of it. My uncle spoiled it by telling who does or does not die in the end when I was 14 or 15 episodes in. That was a few years ago. I was like... "oh seriously? You did not just do that!"

I watched a few minutes of this film on Netflix one night. It just wasn't my thing, and I'm not necessarily a fan of horror. I am most definitely not a fan of gore. Some of my friends have been going on about just how horrible it is, so I didn't put myself through it. Maybe one day when I have nothing to watch and I've run out of books to read, I'll give it a watch all the way through lol. However, I'd probably just be better off rewatching the anime series and finishing it as it is actually really good.

@Kaynil: Watch the anime series. :)

5. Link

Link Hero of Time
    webmaster

3DS:
    ‭3368-5725-4601‬
    NNID:
    zeldacavern
    SFC:
    SW-6709-6167-2399
    Thanks for your assessment Shannon. I downloaded the Death Note Anime, but I got like the Spanish Version so I need to re download it.

• Like (+1) Like (+1) x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. LinkSkywalker

LinkSkywalker Cocky Little Freak

The netflix special is kind of enjoyable in a "so bad it's good" way.

There are a few interesting ideas in it, but none of them are developed well. It seems like the writers didn't even realize which of their ideas were the good ones.

It's a pallid mush of a thing, compared to the original series. (Though, the original series is itself deeply flawed, but it has a spark of genius to it that makes its flaws forgivable.