1. Guest, feel free to chat with us on our official IRC channel via mIRC: irc.northfire.net in #Zelda or by clicking the Chat link on the forums or on the main page.

Debate Is the Wii U overpriced?

Discussion in 'Wii U' started by alakazam, Oct 3, 2015.

1. alakazam

alakazam Active Member

Do you think that the Wii U is a little overpriced, considering what it offers in terms of games, in comparison to other consoles (the XBox One and the PlayStation 4)?

2. Lexatom

Lexatom Blockbuster Advocate

Not really. In fact, the only reason I want to get a Wii U is because of the games, and nothing else. I think the games Nintendo has to offer is what's keeping it alive. Nintendo still has to get online right, but the games are very entertaining.

3. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

3DS:
    1848-2038-9377
    NNID:
    Kaynil
    SFC:
    SW-0598-4137-8986
    Not really. It is the cheapest of the three and while it has some specs falling behind, I think overall the price is not a steep increase from the past generation.
    I agree with @The Inhaling One that they still have some work to do with the Network aspect. Games like Mario maker makes a pain something that should be easy by returning to the tiring manually entering codes to find stages. Not automatically having you follow or find your friends by ID.

Wii U lacks in third parties support so I get that it feels bare in comparison to other consoles getting games shared.

• Like (+1) Like (+1) x 1
  4. Pekachew

Pekachew Youtuber

In my honest opinion, the Nintendo Wii U was just completely nothing worth my time. I have a Nintendo Wii with Homebrew and get pretty much everything for Wii, plus more without having to pay extra money for virtual console, i.e. ROMs and Emulators.

However, I have considered purchasing a new Nintendo Wii U because of Splatoon, missed that game.