1. Guest, feel free to chat with us on our official IRC channel via mIRC: irc.northfire.net in #Zelda or by clicking the Chat link on the forums or on the main page.

Rage quit

Discussion in 'More Videogame Talk' started by Kaynil, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

3DS:
    1848-2038-9377
    NNID:
    Kaynil
    SFC:
    SW-0598-4137-8986
    I just wonder guys if you have ever Rage quit a game and how prone you are to do that.
    I also would love if you guys shared your stories on how that came to be.

[​IMG]

I have the feeling some PS or PS2 game made me get really frustrated and quit before but I cannot remember anything beyond that. I didn't throw my controller to the Tv so I guess that's good news.

Recently I was very hooked with Bravely Default, but I skipped by accident two job asterisks, they were optional but I was looking forward to getting them so realising they were not longer available in the chapter bugged me to the point of starting over in a new file. I also have been grinding a lot compared to my last file. I was just barely in the second chapter when I had already reached the level I had before, 50. Right now I am nearing 60 and I haven't got the second bragging-McNugget out of the four. In my past file, I had just gotten the third one. I feel I will only feel better once I reach to where I was in my first file without missing the optional jobs.

Would you consider this some sort of rage-quit? I don't exactly regret my decision, but I can feel the anxiety for not being yet where I was. It is one of the weirdest feelings I've ever had over a game.

2. LinkSkywalker

LinkSkywalker Cocky Little Freak

I'm sure I've rage quit a few games. I can't think of any games that I full on rage quit and never played again, but I've certainly dropped out of a few online matches where things were hardcore not going my way and I was angry about it. It's not something I'm proud of.

I did quit both Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy 8 pretty much at the end of the game when I ran into some fucked up, unbeatable situation. But I still love both of those games.

• Like (+1) Like (+1) x 1
  3. Smokey

Smokey Gaming Addict.

Sometimes I will when playing COD if it's obvious my team is going to lose and I'm the only one putting in work, I'll leave and let the team die, or if there's a bunch of spawn camping/trapping assholes that make the game unpleasant to play that match, I'll simply just back out.

4. CM30

CM30 Active Member

I've rage quit a few times when playing fan made games or mods, usually when the level design is either frustrating or too unfair to be enjoyable.

But it's pretty rare for me to do this in most games.

5. plotlineplus

plotlineplus YouTuber, Game Dubber, Zelda Fan

I guess if you tone down the definition of "rage" a bit, then I actually surprised myself recently, in the worst way. XD
    My sister and I recently bought Rare Replay and basically started marathoning the Banjo Kazooie games. We played them for about four days straight, we beat the first one easy... But honestly... I forgot how big the second one was. By the time you get the the end of that game, it runs you ragged and you JUST want to fight the final boss. It's a struggle to get just enough to get to the final area... You beat the fight a miniboss and beat a quiz to unlock the final boss and... Wait... Why is there another locked door...? I NEED ANOTHER FIFTEEN JIGGIES?!
    Im... I'm gonna... go... do... Something... Else...

• Like (+1) Like (+1) x 1
  6. Link

Link Hero of Time
    webmaster

3DS:
    ‭3368-5725-4601‬
    NNID:
    zeldacavern
    SFC:
    SW-6709-6167-2399
    I got pulled into a modded cod lobby once and backed out, I usually play the full game even if my team all quits.