1. Guest, feel free to chat with us on our official IRC channel via mIRC: irc.northfire.net in #Zelda or by clicking the Chat link on the forums or on the main page.

The Steam forums

Discussion in 'More Videogame Talk' started by alakazam, May 26, 2017.

1. alakazam

alakazam Active Member

Do you agree with Valve's decision to limit the posting ability for the members of the Steam forums unless they have spent at least $5 on the Steam website? Personally, I think it is not a good decision because a person who is new to Steam might just want to ask the game developers on the Steam forums a question before buying their games. Why should we be forced to spend $5 before being able to post a message on the forums?

2. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

3DS:
    1848-2038-9377
    NNID:
    Kaynil
    Steam already limits you a lot of what you can do until you add at least 5 bucks to your wallet to spend them in a game. I guess the limitations are in order to prevent bot accounts, dupe accounts, foul play in general, but I find it dumb to limit the community as that is basically a support point where new members can ask and learn the ropes. I think that closing this door is going to make many of those newcomers too frustrated to continue. Although to be fair I am just going by my own impression, I haven't really informed myself of this decision and the impact it has had so far.