1. Guest, feel free to chat with us on our official IRC channel via mIRC: irc.northfire.net in #Zelda or by clicking the Chat link on the forums or on the main page.

Wait a minute...

Discussion in 'Gamecube' started by Lexatom, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Lexatom

Lexatom Blockbuster Advocate

[​IMG]
    These are the review scores for Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, one of the best Paper Mario games in the series. *Zooms in on the score Game Informer gave the game* What. The. Hell. :-@:

2. LinkSkywalker

LinkSkywalker Cocky Little Freak

So, I get it. Someone said a really good game is shit, and your first reaction is "WTF? What are they smoking!?" and that's a legit reaction.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.

Reviews are only good if the reviewer gives the score they think the product truly deserves. If we start holding reviewers to our own opinions, or to the opinion of the masses, then we've already corrupted the process. There's functionally no difference between a reviewer giving a game a good score because it's popular, and a reviewer giving a game a good score because they were paid to do so.

3. Lexatom

Lexatom Blockbuster Advocate

True, but it's weird seeing a game a ton of people like have 1 mixed review. It's something you wouldn't expect to see, you know? But, everyone does have their own opinions.

4. Kaynil

Kaynil Well-Known Member

3DS:
    1848-2038-9377
    NNID:
    Kaynil
    SFC:
    SW-0598-4137-8986
    It is funny. Kind of reminds me of the uproar about Skyward Sword getting a low review in one of those popular websites. :lol:

• Like (+1) Like (+1) x 1
  5. JennyorAlice

JennyorAlice Member

Paper Mario : Two Thousand Year Door is one of my favorite Mario games. It was something I thought that they did different with the Mario series.